Nicotine Inhaler: Nicotrol® Inhaler
Nicotrol Inhaler is plastic tube with a cartridge that gives you nicotine when you puff on it. The inhaler sends nicotine into the mouth, not the lungs, and the nicotine enters the body much more slowly than the nicotine in cigarettes or chew.
- Use the inhaler when you have a craving for a cigarette.
- Use no more than 16 cartridges a day for up to 12 weeks.
- Each cartridge equals about 400 puffs of nicotine.
- It takes at least 80 puffs to equal the amount of nicotine from 1 cigarette.
- Talk with your doctor about the right dosage for you.
- Generally, you should start with frequent, constant puffing for 20 minutes.
- The maximum suggested dose is 16 cartridges per day.
- Your throat or mouth may get irritated.
- You also may start to cough, but you should get over this after a while; if not, talk with your doctor.
- You may experience an upset stomach when you first start using the inhaler.
Stop smoking as soon as you start using the inhaler. If you are taking any other medicines, talk to your doctor about your dosage. Keep this and all medicines out of the reach of children and pets.