Privacy and Security Policy
- This website is provided as a public service by the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense (Public Affairs) and the Defense Technical Information Center.
- Information presented on Quit Tobacco – Make Everyone Proud is considered public information and may be distributed or copied unless otherwise specified. Use of appropriate byline, photo and image credits is requested.
- For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. This government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of the most and least interest, determining technical design specifications and identifying system performance or problem areas.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic and identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archives and Records Administration guidelines.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
- If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to us using the Contact Us page. If you have any questions or comments about your health information or the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), please contact us at: email@example.com.
- Cookie Disclaimer. Quit Tobacco—Make Everyone Proud does not use persistent cookies (persistent tokens that pass information back and forth from the client machine to the server). Quit Tobacco—Make Everyone Proud may use session cookies (tokens that remain active only until you close your browser) in order to make the site easier to use. The Department of Defense DOES NOT keep a database of information obtained from these cookies.
- You can choose not to accept these cookies and still use the site, but it may take you longer to fill out the same information repeatedly, and clicking on the banners will not take you to the correct link. Refer to the help information in your browser software for instructions on how to disable cookies.
If you believe your HIPAA privacy rights have been violated, you may seek assistance from your local Military Treatment Facilities (MTF) Privacy Officer or file a written complaint with your local MTF Privacy Officer, the TRICARE® Management Activity (TMA) Privacy Officer, or the Department of Health and Human Services. For further information about the complaint process, you may contact your local MTF Privacy Officer or the TMA Privacy Officer.
The TMA Privacy Officer may be contacted at:
TRICARE Management Activity
Technology and Reengineering Directorate
7700 Arlington Boulevard
Falls Church, VA 22042-5101
For additional information about your privacy rights, visit the TRICARE® Web site.
If you have any questions or comments about your health information or the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.